Saturday, April 18, 2009

New Arrivals

I went on a bit of a spending spree yesterday and came home with a few new books. Most importantly, I added to my Delany collection, and then I finally found a Steve Berman novel! It's amazing how hard it is to find his books around here. I can't believe Barnes & Noble actually had a copy, though I have a bit of a problem with how they had the book shelved in the general fiction section when the book explicity states "Young Adult" on the cover and is aimed at gay teen readers. After the Amazon fiasco last week (link is to Gaiman's journal on the subject), I'm not too pleased to see what could be construed as a form of censorship in my local B&N.

Anyway, on to the books.

Camp Concentration Thomas M. Disch


Vintage: A Ghost Story Steve Berman


Trouble on Triton: An Ambiguous Heterotopia Samuel R. Delany



Babel-17/ Empire Star Samuel R. Delany



Ode to Walt Whitman Fredrico Garcia Lorca


In Search of Duende Fredrico Garcia Lorca

Also, I just realized that every single one of these authors is (or was) gay. What does that say about the prominence of GLBT writers and titles, Amazon?

No comments:

Post a Comment