Tuesday, October 6, 2009

New Anthology (And Awards)

The Vandermeers have done it again. Once again, they've got an AWESOME anthology with a totally bad-ass lineup on the way- Last Drink Bird Head, due out in October/November. (Basically on my 21st birthday. I may need to buy myself a present.) It's a limited print, and the release party will be held at the World Fantasy Award ceremony (where the Vandermeers will be holding their own award ceremony for the newly inaugurated Last Drink Bird Head award.) Yes, it's a strange name. Yes, it's probably a very strange anthology. And yes, I want the damn thing so bad I can taste it. Hey, it's only $30...plus shipping...maybe I can sell my TV. You only turn 21 once, right? I deserve it.

And damn Vandermeer for also releasing Booklife in the month I am the most broke. (I think it's coming out this month, at least. Maybe not!) And I missed the very short print life of Steve Berman's latest book, Mr. October's Naughty Bedside Reader. Damn, damn, double damn. It was released in August and it's already out of print and unavailable. I knew I should have pre-ordered the damn thing. I wonder if he'll be putting out another Wilde Stories anthology this year?

2 comments:

  1. awww poor baby.
    I've just stopped looking at any sites that sell anything I want! Geoffery decided to break down. sad sad sad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just sold off a stack of Japanese text books and a few DVDs I never watch anymore (and now I'm down to the things I really, really want to keep.) I've got enough for the anthology now, though! I'm going to order it tomorrow. Next I just have to put together enough dosh for those tickets to Miyavi's concert...

    ReplyDelete