Tuesday, April 3, 2012

March Sucks

I only wrote about half a short-short story in March, despite having a week off from class in which to do my own thing. I did manage to plant my garden, and I started a new sewing project, but most of my free time seems to be sucked up by Doctor Who and Torchwood. Oh, and sleep. I think I've fallen in love with sleep.

April is not off to a good start. I'm a story and a half behind my goal, but the fact that my failure it irking me so much has me thinking I may fianlly get pissed at myself enough to get to work. I'm starting to feel the time cruch now that I've registered for a full-time fall semester. What I don't finish before August won't get finished until next spring. Deadlines are, as ever, the ultimate motivator.

I'm sick of the rain. It makes me lazy. So does the heat, so this hot, muggy weather makes it all but impossible to crawl out of bed every day. My bedtime gets earlier every night, too. I feel as if all my energy is being sucked away by the clouds. It's too gross to cook, to write, to do housework, and most of all to move from the bed to the couch. I'm sick of feeling this way. I want my sweater weather back!

No comments:

Post a Comment